Marketing & Communications Intern
Degree in progress in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or related field
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP
RATE OF PAY
ABOUT THE MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Karten Design, Southern California’s leading product innovation consultancy, seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern to support its thriving Marketing Team. Our new Intern will be responsible for executing engaging content that captures our expertise, projects, news, and events, and will use this content to build and maintain our vibrant community of clients, prospects, partners, and fans. He or she will know how to leverage platforms such as social media, email newsletters, trend reports, and other marketing communications to create engagement and position Karten Design at the forefront of its industry. This individual will also help us organize, manage, and maintain our community. We’re looking for a skilled communicator who is energetic, organized, strategic, and passionate about the connection between people and products. This is an opportunity for someone to leverage their creative and analytical brains to help and learn from an awesome Marketing Team.
- Maintain an active online presence for Karten Design through our website and social media platforms to support our Marketing Strategy
- Rigorously distribute information to Karten Design’s community of clients and prospects through existing channels, including our email newsletter and Conversations series
- Measure and track community engagement using analytics tools; interpret results and create actionable summary reports
- Help keep Karten Design’s mailing list up to date
- Support Public Relations initiatives as needed, including media and event research and preparation of award submissions
- Support Business Development initiatives as needed, including prospect and event research and preparation of sales materials
- Organize and maintain digital and physical assets of Marketing department
- Degree in progress in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience working in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or related field
- Strong writing skills a must; ability to effectively adopt Karten Design’s “voice” (clear, captivating, and professional without being stiff)
- Demonstrated ability to execute social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook) campaigns and grow online/B2B communities
- Experience managing online content using WordPress; basic HTML skills a plus
- Familiarity with database or CRM systems and online mailing systems (we use MailChimp); ability to filter them to create reports and deliver targeted communications
- Proficiency in Excel; ability to manage, sort, and filter large quantities of data,
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Curiosity, passion, an adventurous outlook, and a creative mindset
- The transparency, agility, and maturity to maintain a positive team environment
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive pay, free espresso, a cubicle-free environment, and a chance to make a positive difference in people’s lives and do great work in Southern California.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and one writing sample (PDF or web link) to: email@example.com.
ABOUT KARTEN DESIGN
Karten Design is an award-winning product innovation consultancy located in Marina del Rey, CA. Our team is comprised of a talented group of designers, researchers, strategists, and engineers all passionate about creating positive experiences between people and products. We use research and design strategically to help our clients—a mix of Fortune 500 companies and innovative start-ups in the medical device and consumer industries—define new opportunities to develop new products that delight users and build our clients’ brands.