Visual Design Intern
College senior or recent graduate
Degree in Graphic or Communication Design
NUMBER OF OPENINGS
RATE OF PAY
ABOUT THE VISUAL DESIGN INTERNSHIP
We are seeking a passionate visual designer who enjoys working collaboratively in a fast-paced creative environment. Must be interested in working with researchers, user experience designers, industrial designers, and marketing to work on various client and internal design projects.
- Collaborate with graphic team and researchers to develop research visualization tools that clearly and innovatively communicate Karten Design’s findings, insights, processes, and expertise
- Collaborate with the design research team to define and execute presentations for research programs
- Participate in discovery research and interviews
- Contribute to fast-moving innovation sessions and visually capture/interpret information
- Assist in print production and report packaging
- Work as part of the UI / UX team to produce work across a variety of deliverables
- Collaborate with marketing and Karten Design leadership to develop new marketing communications that present Karten Design’s insights and expertise in ways suitable for sharing via PR and social media
- A degree in Graphic or Communication Design should be in progress or recently completed
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, and Prezi
- A strong portfolio that includes information design and strong layout / typography skills
- Experience working in marketing
- Experience working in highly collaborative team environments
- Ability to be flexible and execute existing style guides
- Ability to deliver excellent work, especially under pressure and tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Strong communication (visual, spoken, and written) and critical thinking skills
- The transparency, agility, and maturity to maintain a positive team environment
- We would also love it if you brought a little something extra to the party, such as print production experience or animation skills
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive pay, free espresso, a cubicle-free environment, and a chance to make a positive difference in people’s lives and do great work in Southern California.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and work samples (PDF or web link) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Visual Design Intern” in the subject heading.
ABOUT KARTEN DESIGN
Karten Design is an award-winning product innovation consultancy located in Marina del Rey, CA. Our team comprises a talented group of designers, researchers, strategists, and engineers all passionate about creating positive experiences between people and products. We use research and design strategically to help our clients—a mix of Fortune 500 companies and innovative start-ups in the medical device and consumer industries—define new opportunities to develop new products that delight users and build our clients’ brands.